Sunday, November 09, 2008


Survival Tactics

This T-Shirt on Threadless.com makes me laugh. I work in an office that is predominately Republican and they are all pissed off that Obama won. And I'm pissed off because surely most of them voted "yes" on Prop 8.

Do I quit?

I'm just going with the aphorism, "The best revenge is living well."

Or I'm gonna go with the lyrics of Billy Dean's song from the 70's

"So let's leave it alone, 'cause we can't see eye to eye.
There ain't no good guys, there ain't no bad guys.
There's only you and me and we just disagree."

Or I'll just hate everyone and keep looking at my co-workers and think, "It was you that wants me dead isn't it?"

Or I'll think of Maya Angelou's poem, "Still I Rise"

"You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may trod me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I'll rise."

Or I'll just think - Everybody poops.

No comments: