Tuesday, October 28, 2008




Dealing With The Devil
Like everyone else I've received dozens of political mailings for the November election. Today was a little different though, because in this mailing (cover to the right) I was made mention as a "special interest" and given a very devilish manicure. I suppose I am pictured shaking Stephen Whitburn's hand.

The inside of the flyer lists 32 donors as "special interests" with their last names blacked out. I have no idea why I made the list. I guess because I am an investment analyst and I gave $540 to Stephen's campaign. I certainly am not a special interest, and I am offended that no one contacted me to ask what favors I am expecting from Stephen.

You know if I were the devil, I'd be insulted if someone made a deal with me for $540. Come on! No self respecting American soul would cave for less than $1 million net.

Which reminds me -
"Not incorrectly they had advised me to use the long spoon if I went to dine with the devil. Unfortunately on those rare occasions the only one available was short."
Eugenio Montale

No comments: